Saturday 1 January 2011

One Hell of a Story....

Amplify’d from www.telegraph.co.uk

Aron Ralston's 127 Hours: This is going to make one hell of a story. . .


Out rock-climbing alone one day, Aron Ralston fell down a canyon and found
himself with one arm trapped under an 800lb boulder. He was left with an
appalling choice: face certain death – or amputate the arm. The book Ralston
wrote about his ordeal has now been made into a film by 'Slumdog
Millionaire’ director Danny Boyle. In this extract, Ralston describes in
compelling detail how he managed to do the unthinkable.


Miserable, I watch another empty hour pass by. I have nothing whatsoever to
do. I have no life. Only in action does my life approximate anything more
than existence. Without any other task or stimulus, I’m no longer living, no
longer surviving. I’m just waiting.

Read more at www.telegraph.co.uk
 

No comments: