Sunday 10 October 2010

Not a fan of Beer ??

Amplify’d from www.npr.org

Not A Fan Of Beer? These Pairings May Win You Over

A sampling of beers, ranging in color from golden to dark brown

When pairing food with beer, says beer expert Greg Engert, always pair like intensity with like intensity. For instance, roasted foods pair well with dark golden to light amber beers. Amber to light brown brews exuding caramelized notes are perfect with foods that are fried, sauteed or braised.







It looked like beer I have seen friends drinking, but had an aroma that was so different. ... I took a sip. I had nothing with which to compare the taste, but this was crisp, clean, like a chilly fall morning. This was beer? Really? I could get used to this.









Until a week ago, I had only two experiences with beer. One: As a teen, I rinsed my hair with my dad's Heineken. Two: This summer, at a food festival in Washington, D.C., it was blistering hot and the only cold drink was beer. A chef friend persuaded me to have some mixed with lemon soda. He called it "shandy," and I felt as though the lemon soda was being punished.

Shaved Fennel, Apple And Arugula Salad
Scallops With Fregola And Corn
Cheesecake In A Peanut Butter Cookie Crust
Read more at www.npr.org
 

No comments: