Wednesday 22 September 2010

Healing Gardens

Amplify’d from www.csmonitor.com

Firsthand experience with 'healing gardens'


They're called 'healing gardens' because they tend to make people feel better. Here's one gardener's firsthand experience.


These flowers, as seen from my kitchen window, make me feel better, just looking at them. And they've inspired me to get out and work among them, even when I didn't think I could.


Courtesy of Doreen Howard



When I wrote, little did I know that I would spend the next seven months with myriad medical problems. And I’ve learned what the interviewees felt when they touched plants, strolled through gardens, and healed.

I now look at plants and my yard with a new perspective.

A succession of flowers really lifts the spirits

Read more at www.csmonitor.com
 

No comments: