Saturday 12 February 2011

Robins Return to Hot Springs with the Winter Snow

Please click on the link below to read my entire blog and see all the photographs and my new video.

Kindest Thoughts and Wishes,

Lee

Robins Return to Hot Springs with the Winter Snow

Last year my constant winter companions had been flocks of Robins residing on the lower levels of Hot Springs Mountain.  Apart for the random single bird I had not seen a flock of Robins since last spring.  Today as I entered the park Nature decided to bring several flocks with the winter snow.  I was surprised to see Sparrows and Cardinals huddled under the gazebo.  It is not until I begin to head up the Tufa Terrace ramp that I understand why, nearly every Tree is occupied by 10 or more Robins.  I imagined this would not be a place anyone who is afraid of birds would want to be standing, they are everywhere and often flying back and forth across the trail.

Arlington Lawn American Robin Snow
Arlington Lawn American Robin Snow
Arlington Lawn American Robin Snow
Arlington Lawn Female House Sparrow Snow
Entrance Male Cardinal in Snow
Hot Springs Mountain Trail Pagoda Snow
See more at hotspringsnationalparkar.com
 

No comments: