Monday 6 September 2010

Close shave for charity

Great Lady

Amplify’d from www.wigantoday.net

Kath has a close shave for charity

editorial image

WHEN Kath Drury saw three people close to her lose their battle for life, it was the incentive she needed to raise money for charity.

But kind-hearted Kath didn’t want to do anything by half so she decided she would have her head shaved in memory of Joe Needham, Audrey Rigby and her mum, Betty Smith.

Joe Needham died of leukaemia in July, aged just 20. Audrey Rigby died in January after a battle with cancer, both were members of the Salvation Army in Ashton, where Kath is also a member, so she knew both of them well.

“Although I had been very nervous about having my hair shaved off, on the day I was fine and I really enjoyed myself.

“The girls made it a real event for me and everyone else who was there and raising so much money was marvellous.”

Read more at www.wigantoday.net
 

No comments: